Overwhelmed by Debt Matters in Delaware?
An Experienced Delaware Real Estate and Bankruptcy Law Firm Can Help
Attorney Vivian Houghton has owned and operated her own law practice since 1981. She has practiced before every court in Delaware in all three counties and has practiced in the Federal Court for the District of Delaware and the Federal Court for the District of Maryland. She is admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court. Ms. Houghton is a member of the Delaware and Maryland Bar Associations and is in good standing.
Ms. Houghton graduated from Delaware Law School in 1979. For her undergraduate degree, obtained in 1976, she doubled majored in Spanish and Criminal Justice. While at law school, this Delaware bankruptcy lawyer:
- Was the Features Editor of Law Forum at Delaware Law School
- Received the Outstanding Service Award from Delaware Law School
- Was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society of Delaware Law School
- Was awarded the Best Brief in Moot Court Competition, Delaware Law School
- Was the founder of the Women’s Law Caucus, Delaware Law School
- Was a member of the Student Review Board, Delaware Law School
- Was a Grant recipient from the Delaware Association of Lawyer’s Wives
- Graduated cum laude from University of Delaware
- Undergraduate credit, and grants, for study in France, Spain and Mexico
- Inducted into the National Spanish Honor Society
- New Castle County Chamber of Commerce (1991-Present)
- Member, Maryland Bar Association (1991-Present)
- Member, Delaware Bar Association, Family Law Section (1981-Present)
- Member, Delaware Bar Association, Fee Dispute Committee (1988-Present)
- Member, Delaware Bar Association, Special Committee on Need of Children
- Member, Delaware Bar Association, Women and the Law Section
- Member, Delaware Bar Association, Multi-cultural Section
Ms. Houghton, a Delaware bankruptcy lawyer and real estate lawyer, also has extensive teaching experience, has authored numerous publications and has given numerous presentations on both teaching and law subjects, including Bankruptcy Facts and Fiction – What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself, (1991).
Ms. Houghton has also been extensively involved in the community, and has managed many successful campaigns, including Gary Hutt (1988), Jesse Jackson for President, State Coordinator (1988), S. B. Woo for Lieutenant Governor, City Coordinator (1984), Mimi Boudart (1982), Karen Peterson for President of New Castle County Council (1980 and 1984), William Houghton for Sheriff of New Castle County (1976) and for Representative in State of Delaware General Assembly (1980), and Loretta Walsh for City Council (1984 and 1988).
Ms. Houghton was chosen by her peers as a top lawyer in bankruptcy and featured in the Delaware Today Magazine in October 2001 and again in November 2010. Ms. Houghton was a Green Party candidate for Delaware Attorney General in 2002.
Contact an attorney today for assistance with your legal matters.